Sweet Potato Strips for your dog
This recipe takes a minimal amount of effort and your house will smell delicious while these treats bake.
These treats aren't just a way for you to give a tasty snack to your furry friend. Sweet potatoes also have nutritional benefits for your pup. Here are a few:
- Vitamin A - helps dogs have healthy skin, coat, eyes, muscles and nerves
- Beta-Carotene - an antioxidant that helps prevent disease an infection
If your dog has a health condition such as diabetes, you should consult your veterinarian before feeding sweet potatoes to your dogs.
Also, sweet potatoes should be served to your dog in moderation; too much vitamin A can cause bone problems and muscle weakness.
DIY Sweet Potato Strips
1. Preheat your oven 250ºF
2. Slice one large sweet potato into thin strips.
3. Lightly coat the sweet potato slices with olive oil, spread them out on a baking sheet, and sprinkle a little cinnamon....
4. Bake for 2 ½ to 3 hours and let them cool completely before serving.
See More recipes on our Facebook Page